Lancaster Truck Accident Lawyers You Can Trust
When your car is struck by a big rig, your life may never be the same again.
Commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds—20 times the weight of the average passenger car. If a trucker drives negligently, an 18-wheeler can become a deadly weapon. The sheer force of impact in a big rig collision could have disastrous consequences for a smaller vehicle’s occupants.
Unfortunately, the road to recovery after a truck accident is not a simple one. The trucking company responsible for your injuries may try to escape liability or—even worse—outright deny you the recovery you deserve.
This injustice cannot stand. And when you hire PARRIS Law Firm, it won’t.
For nearly 40 years, our California truck accident lawyers in Lancaster, CA have relentlessly pursued justice for our clients, restoring the lives of thousands of innocent families.
Let us protect yours. Get a free case review with PARRIS truck accident lawyers today.
Why Do I Need a Truck Accident Lawyer in Lancaster?
The aftermath of a truck accident isn’t just painful and difficult; it can also be extremely confusing. Hiring a truck accident lawyer with extensive experience litigating truck accident cases can be crucial to your recovery.
Why is hiring a lawyer so important?
For one, big rig crashes can be very severe. The injuries you sustain in the accident could require months or years of care, which in turn could become months or years of missed work.
In such a scenario, you should be focused on recovering and returning to your life, not about how you’re going to pay for it all. Hiring our Lancaster, CA truck accident lawyers is the best way to ensure you get the financial recovery you need while you focus on your physical, mental, and emotional healing.
Secondly, the trucking company’s first move after an accident will likely be to investigate every aspect of the crash. Any information they find might be used to deny liability or make the accident seem less severe. If you don’t have a truck accident lawyer on your side, the trucking company might use their findings to avoid compensating you for the accident they caused.
Your legal team at PARRIS won’t let that happen. From the moment you call us, we set to work investigating your case. We’re there to answer all of your questions and guide you through the recovery process.
And, most importantly, we fight insurance companies on your behalf—and win.
PARRIS Truck Accident Lawyers Get Results
PARRIS Law Firm is home to some of California’s most experienced truck accident attorneys.
Since we first opened our doors in 1985, we’ve developed a 99% success rate and won $1.9 billion for clients.
We have many years of expertise protecting victims of big rig accidents.
- In 2018, PARRIS Law Firm fought on behalf of two brothers injured in a horrific truck accident. The men were struck head-on by a big rig driver who crossed into their lane in a construction zone. After a 16-day trial, PARRIS secured a $56.5 million verdict for the brothers.
- PARRIS also represented a man rear-ended by a big rig in Chatsworth, CA. The accident caused our client’s car to roll 3 times, leaving him with back, neck, and head injuries. PARRIS truck accident attorneys secured a $7.4 million verdict for our client.
- Our attorneys fought for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury after a DHL delivery van struck him. During trial, DHL settled for $10.5 million.
The award-winning attorneys at PARRIS are widely recognized as some of the best trial lawyers in the country. When you’ve been hurt in a truck accident, know that we won’t rest until you receive the recovery you need.
No Fees Until We Win
Worried about paying for PARRIS truck accident lawyers? Don’t be. Our lawyers work on contingency, meaning you’ll pay no fees until we win. The result your attorney will fight for can cover your attorney fees as well as your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and more.
Hiring top-tier attorneys is a risk-free choice.
Truck Accident Statistics: Why Are Truck Accidents So Common?
Unfortunately, truck accidents are becoming more frequent. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), there has been a 43% increase in fatal truck crashes since 2010.
Why is this the case? For one, the rise of e-commerce has created an ever-increasing freight demand, which puts more commercial big rigs on California’s highways. California’s aging transportation infrastructure was not built with this in mind, and today we see many freeway bottlenecks backed up with cars and trucks for miles.
What’s worse, truckers are often forced to work long hours—sometimes 60-70 hour weeks. According to one study, 66% of truck drivers have reported feeling drowsy while on the job, and as many as 13% have reported falling asleep at the wheel. Ongoing truck driver shortages have exacerbated this dangerous problem.
It can be dangerous for cars and trucks to share the road. Trucks carry heavy loads and have large blind spots. If a trucker fails to look over his shoulder before changing lanes, even the safest drivers are at risk of a catastrophic accident.
According to the NSC, large trucks (both commercial and non-commercial) accounted for 10% of all vehicles involved in fatal crashes in 2019. 69% of those deaths were to the occupants of the other vehicle, and 3% were to non-vehicle occupants, such as bikers or pedestrians.
Fatal truck accidents are most frequent in July, September, and October, likely due to increased trucking during those months in preparation for the back-to-school and holiday seasons.
I Was Hurt in a Truck Accident. Who Is Responsible?
Truck accident lawsuits are complex. When you are injured in a truck collision that wasn’t your fault, a host of entities may be held liable for causing the collision.
Parties in a truck accident lawsuit can include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company that employed the driver
- The owner of the truck
- The owner of the trailer
- The company leasing the truck
- The company leasing the trailer
- The truck or trailer’s manufacturer
- The company hired to repair the truck
- The shipper who ordered the transportation
Faulty road design can also play a role in causing truck accidents. In such cases, government entities may be liable for your accident as well. A truck accident lawyer can help you determine who is liable for your crash—and hold them accountable.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
Unfortunately, truck accidents have several common causes, including:
- Truck drivers that drive drowsy, distracted, or under the influence
- Lack of truck driver experience or training
- A trucker’s poor driving decisions
- Vehicle malfunction, such as failing brakes
- Poorly loaded cargo
- Poorly designed and maintained roads, freeways, and intersections
One person’s negligence can have catastrophic results for innocent drivers like you.
Common Injuries After a Truck Accident
Our clients have reported many symptoms after being involved in a truck crash, including:
- Generalized pain, bruising, and cuts
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
In the most tragic cases, victims of truck accidents are killed in the accident (wrongful death).
Trucking Companies May Try to Limit Your Recovery
Many of the trucks you see on the road belong to multinational corporations with deep pockets. To avoid liability for causing your injuries, some trucking companies will use their financial resources to hire attorneys and experts to try and disprove your claim.
When you hire our PARRIS truck accident lawyers in Lancaster, you have nothing to fear. Our track record of results for clients proves that we have what it takes to win. We don’t stop fighting until our clients receive the recovery they need.
What Can Your Lancaster Trucking Accident Lawyers Help Me Recover?
- Past, current, and future medical bills, including emergency care, doctor visits, prescriptions, physical therapy, and more
- Property damage and vehicle repairs, including rental or replacement vehicle costs
- Wages lost due to missed work, including future lost wages due to treatment or disability
- Any incidental expenses incurred by your injury, including childcare costs, disability accommodations, etc.
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of companionship damages for the victim’s immediate family members
- Punitive damages, meant to punish the defendant instead of compensating the victim
PARRIS Truck Accident Lawyers Are Here to Fight for You
Your truck accident should not have happened. At PARRIS, we’re committed to restoring your life.
Personal injury is a legal term for an injury to the body, mind, or emotions caused by another. It covers an expansive array of case types.