Toxic tort lawsuits are typically difficult to prove because the connection between exposure to a toxic chemical and a resulting injury or disease is often hard to determine. Many cancers, such as mesothelioma, that result from toxic exposure can develop for years before the appearance of physical symptoms. However, with diligence and care a connection can be successfully established and negligence proven.
PARRIS toxic torts attorneys will review technical reports, analytical data, air modeling inputs and outputs, boring logs, ecological studies, mechanical integrity records, engineering specifications or technical drawings, and other applicable documentation to determine the cause of injury. Our lawyers will consult with toxicologists, doctors, and other experts who can demonstrate links between exposure to dangerous toxins or chemicals and illness and injury.
Successful Toxic Tort Lawsuits Require Timely Action
Prompt action is crucial to the success of toxic tort lawsuits. With adequate time, our attorneys can take measures to preserve evidence, investigate the facts surrounding the claim, and locate experts who can evaluate victims’ injuries. Even more importantly, most toxic tort actions must be filed within a certain period for the claim to be valid. Beyond the period imposed by the relevant statute of limitations, victims have little or no legal entitlement to compensation.
Types of Toxic Tort Cases
The types of toxic tort cases handled by PARRIS Law Firm can involve a range of serious illnesses and injuries, including:
- Illnesses caused by lead poisoning, toxic mold problems, or carbon monoxide poisoning
- Significant burn injuries caused by chemical spills or explosions
- Serious illness due to long-term exposure to solvents, asbestos, silicates, polyvinyl chlorides, mercury, and other industrial chemicals and materials
- Sickness due to exposure to radioactive substances such as radon, barium, thorium, or other materials often used in clinical settings
- Diseases caused by exposure to soil or groundwater toxins, often resulting from leaking underground storage tanks for benzene, gasoline, or other dangerous compounds
- Illnesses resulting from the careless or reckless use of pesticides or herbicides in agricultural areas.
Compensation for Toxic Tort Damages
Our toxic tort lawyers will aggressively pursue justice on behalf of those harmed by exposure to toxic substances. When the reckless or careless actions of others cause this exposure, victims are entitled to compensation for damages incurred as a result, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
In cases in which exposure has led to the wrongful death of the victim, surviving family members may be entitled to additional compensation, including awards for burial and funeral expenses and loss of support.
Contact PARRIS Toxic Tort Lawyers Today
PARRIS toxic tort lawyers have helped numerous victims of toxic exposure obtain compensation. If you or a loved one has been harmed by toxic chemicals or dangerous contamination, we can help. Contact PARRIS for your free toxic tort case consultation today. You pay no fees until we win.