Patricia K. Oliver
Like the lion, we fight fearlessly for you.
We invite you to learn more about our team of top-notch attorneys below.
LAWYERS PROTECTING YOU
Patricia Oliver co-leads the special litigation team at PARRIS where she oversees cases involving wage theft, antitrust violations, and water contamination from oil production and waste injection wells. Patricia represents hundreds of Porter Ranch families and Save Porter Ranch in personal injury and class action cases stemming from the massive Aliso Canyon gas well blowout. The blowout of the SoCalGas injection well is destroying the quality of life of thousands of residents, and she is on the frontlines to fight for the people impacted. Patricia’s environmental law cases have garnered nationwide media attention for her ground-breaking work in helping Palla Farms and other California farmers in investigating the source of salt water contamination in surrounding aquifers.
- Juris Doctorate from the University of California, Los Angeles, graduating Order of the Coif, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of California, Los Angeles, graduating Magna Cum Laude and with College Honors, 1992
- United States District Court in the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- California State Bar
- University of California, Los Angeles – Order of the Coif (1997)
- Southern California Super Lawyers (2010-2012)
- Southern California Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2007)
- Patricia represented satellite technicians in California who alleged that DirecTV, Inc. (dba DirecTV Home Services) failed to provide duty-free meal periods, failed to reimburse them for the costs of tools needed for their job, and failed to pay wages for all hours worked. Patricia helped successfully settle the case for $4.4 million.
- Patricia successfully briefed a motion to recover $1.4 million in attorney fees in a highly contested class action lawsuit on behalf of employees against a private security company.
- Patricia successfully represented her client in obtaining an extraordinary writ of mandate from the California Court of Appeal ordering the trial court to sustain her client’s demurrer.
- Patricia assisted in managing a nationwide team that successfully litigated trademark infringement actions against retailers selling counterfeit products in several states.
- Patricia represented a client in a complex MDL antitrust action where plaintiffs alleged $35 billion in trebled damages. After extensive discovery, the federal district court granted summary judgment in favor of Patricia’s client and enjoined a parallel action bringing the same claims in state court. The Eleventh Circuit unanimously affirmed summary judgment in favor of her client.
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Co-founder of Christian Legal Aid of Los Angeles, which operates free legal aid clinics in conjunction with HomeBoy Industries, Long Beach Rescue Mission, Dream Center, and World Impact. During her time serving at CLA-LA, the organization increased the quality and quantity of client services. CLA-LA ultimately grew by 700% in two years, offering clinics all across Los Angeles County.
Patricia also represented The Nature Conservancy in supporting conservation measures adopted by the State of California as part of the CALFED Bay Delta Program and in a condemnation action involving scarce environmental resources.
READY TO WORK WITH OUR TEAM?
You’ll be surprised by the difference a call can make