PARRIS Law Firm: Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents in Los Angeles can be devastating events. The debilitating injuries, expensive medical bills, and emotional difficulties a victim may face after a car collision can change the trajectory of their life—all because of one mistake from a negligent driver.
Your rights deserve to be protected, not threatened. And in the wake of a terrible car crash, you’ll need a legal advocate who will fight tooth and nail for the recovery you need.
PARRIS Law Firm is home to some of the nation’s most experienced and compelling auto accident attorneys in Los Angeles. Over nearly four decades in practice, our car accident lawyers in Los Angeles have developed a 99% success rate and secured over $1.9 billion in victories for our clients.
The secret to our success? Putting our clients’ interests first. We know what it takes to win, and we put in the hours to make sure each case has what it needs to be successful.
PARRIS Law Firm: Expert Car Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
The PARRIS Law Firm was founded in Southern California in 1985 by R. Rex Parris and his wife, Carrol.
When Rex was young, he experienced the devastating effects of another person’s negligence firsthand when his father lost a leg in a motorcycle accident. He later dedicated his life and practice to fighting for victims of similar accidents. “From the day we started, we’ve known that injured victims desperately need great lawyers to represent them. Without that, they can’t restore the balance in their family. That is why I have committed my life to helping people overcome the physical and financial burdens that result from an accident.”
Rex has become an industry leader in personal injury law, regularly leading seminars and events for other attorneys. Recognition entities such as Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Litigation Counsel of America, and other organizations have highlighted Rex’s exceptional work for his clients.
Los Angeles Car Accident Statistics
LA Traffic and Car Accidents
The city of Los Angeles is the second most populous city in the country. As of 2020, Los Angeles alone is home to nearly 4 million people, while the surrounding five-county Los Angeles Metropolitan Area houses 18.7 million residents (a population greater than that of 46 U.S. states).
A large proportion of this population commutes to the city of Los Angeles for work, school, or pleasure, leading to some of the most congested roads and freeways in the country. Here are some quick Los Angeles car accident statistics:
- According to transportation analytics firm INRIX, Los Angeles ranked as the 6th most congested urban area in the United States in 2021, with an average of 62 hours per person lost to traffic jams.
- According to the LA Times, the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) reported 289 people were killed in car accidents in Los Angeles in 2021, a 21% increase from 2020 and 19% over 2019.
- Crashes led to 1,465 people suffering severe injuries, a 30% increase since 2020.
LA’s Worst Intersections for Car Accidents
In its Los Angeles car accident statistics analysis, the LAPD looked at where the most car crashes occurred in the city. Their finding resulted in a short list of the worst intersections for traffic accidents in LA:
- San Pedro Street and Washington Boulevard in South Central
- Florence Avenue and Vermont Avenue in South LA
- Oxnard Street and Van Nuys Boulevard in Van Nuys
- Hollywood and Highland in Hollywood
In addition, at least 13 freeways and highways run through the city, many of which are world-renowned for their intense rush-hour traffic. Intersections closest to these freeways were most prone to frequent car accidents, according to UC Berkeley’s Transportation Injury Mapping System.
Types of Car Accidents in Los Angeles
We can break down the types of crashes that occurred most often in Los Angeles in recent years as follows:
- Read-end crashes: 30%
- T-bone crashes: 30%
- Sideswipes: 13%
- Vehicle/pedestrian: 10%
- Hit object: 5%
- Head-on collision: 2%
- Overturned: 1%
- Other: 2%
High traffic areas with multi-lane arterial roads are more prone to T-bone crashes and sideswipes, making Los Angeles a hotbed for these types of car accidents. Unfortunately, the high foot traffic through certain tourist and public transportation hotspots in LA leads to a higher-than-average proportion of pedestrian accidents in the city.
Top-Notch Results for Clients
Under Rex and Carrol’s leadership, PARRIS has grown to one of California’s preeminent personal injury law firms. Home to nearly two dozen top-notch car accident attorneys, PARRIS has become synonymous with the excellent results we achieve for clients.
Here are some of their stories:
- One PARRIS client was driving his truck in the desert when a distracted driver T-boned him, causing his truck to flip over. His injuries, which include torn and herniated spinal discs and a traumatic brain injury, have changed the course of his life forever. PARRIS car accident lawyers fought fearlessly on his behalf, even when the at-fault driver’s insurance company refused to cooperate with our investigation. Finally, after relentlessly advocating for our client at trial, the jury awarded him and his family a $120 million verdict.
- Two brothers were driving to Mammoth for their annual fishing trip when a semi-truck driver drifted into their lane, hitting them head-on. The truck driver had a history of accidents prior to this incident, including a DUI. Tragically, the brothers’ injuries severely limited their ability to return to life as it was before the accident. PARRIS truck accident lawyers fought vigilantly for the brothers’ recoveries, eventually securing a $56.5 million verdict in court.
- Another PARRIS client was the passenger in a pickup that rolled over into a cement wash due to the driver’s negligent conduct. PARRIS car accident lawyers helped the man recover from his severe injuries, eventually securing a $23 million settlement.
- In 2017, two brothers were tragically killed in a head-on car collision in Los Angeles. The at-fault driver had been driving the wrong way on the 405 for nearly 4 miles before crashing directly into the brothers’ van. The brothers’ family filed a wrongful death claim with PARRIS to hold the negligent driver accountable for the consequences of his actions. After taking the case to trial, PARRIS car accident lawyers secured a $10.6 million wrongful death verdict for the family.
The PARRIS Process: Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers Focused on Your Case
You aren’t just hiring any car accident lawyer when you hire PARRIS Law Firm. Instead, you receive the attention and care of an entire team, including a case manager, field investigator, client care coordinator, legal assistant, and a top-notch attorney.
We know how stressful the period after a car accident can be. That’s why our client care coordinators are committed to walking you through every step of your case. We’re here to answer your questions, offer our support, and protect your rights.
No Fees Until We Win
At PARRIS, we work on contingency, meaning that we do not get paid unless we win. When you choose our Los Angeles car accident lawyers to represent you, we front the costs of your case while you focus on your recovery. Our payment comes as a percentage of the settlement or verdict we obtain for you. If we are unsuccessful, you will not be responsible for the costs we fronted, and you will owe us no fees.
Begin the process now by speaking to our team of car accident lawyers in Los Angeles about your case.