Car Accident Attorneys in Hesperia, CA
A car accident can change the direction of a person’s life in an instant.
If a car crash leaves you injured, you won’t just have to face physical and financial hurdles to your recovery. You’ll also need to confront the emotional trauma of your accident. Your true recovery could take weeks, months, or even years – all for an accident that wasn’t your fault.
When an accident like this affects you or someone you love, a Hesperia car accident lawyer can help you secure the recovery you need and restore balance to your life.
Since 1985, the PARRIS Law Firm has been fighting for car accident victims throughout California. Thousands of clients have trusted us to fight for them. And we have delivered: our attorneys have developed a 99% success rate and secured more than $1.9 billion for our clients.
We know that what you’re going through is not easy. Let us fight on your behalf.
Worst Intersections for Car Accidents in Hesperia
- Cottonwood Ave. and Main St.
- Escondido Ave. and Main St.
- 9th and Main St.
- Cottonwood Ave. and Juniper St.
- Aqueduct R. and Ranchero Rd.
Types of Car Accidents in Hesperia
Out of 435 car accidents reported to the state’s Transportation Injury Mapping System in 2018, nine resulted in fatalities, 18 severe injuries, and 148 visible injuries. Another 260 left occupants complaining of pain.
The types of crashes that occurred in Hesperia broke down this way:
- Broadside collisions: 37%
- Rear-end collisions: 26%
- Sideswipe accidents: 9%
- Head-on crashes:7%
- Hit object:7%
- Rollovers: 5%
- Pedestrian knockdowns: 5%
- Bicycle accidents: 1%
The majority of accidents, in general, occurred on weekdays in the afternoon and evening hours. The factors that led to these accidents included:
- Unsafe speed: 25%
- Car right of way: 20%
- Traffic signals/signs: 14%
- Improper turning: 10%
- DUI: 9%
- Unsafe lane change: 6%
- Improper passing: 3%
- Jaywalking: 3%
- Wrong side of the road: 2%
- Unsafe starting/backing: 1%
Hesperia Car Accident Statistics
Hesperia lies in the Victor Valley within the greater Mojave Desert, 35 miles north of San Bernardino. One of Southern California’s fastest-growing regions, Hesperia’s population has risen from roughly 63,000 people in 2000 to nearly 100,000 today.
As more people have flocked to the desert for inexpensive housing and expansive land, more and more commuters have filled Hesperia’s streets and highways. As a result, car accidents have become more frequent in the area. According to a state database that tracks injuries related to car crashes across California, the city experienced 435 car accidents in 2018, resulting in 828 injuries and nine fatalities.
Interstate 15 and Highway 395 along the city’s western border were the most dangerous roads in Hesperia. Other hazardous roads include Bear Valley Road and Main Street, both east-west arterial roads.
Hesperia Car Accident Attorneys That Get Results
Since the PARRIS Law Firm first opened its doors in 1985, our firm has gained a reputation as one of California’s top personal injury firms.
The PARRIS name has become synonymous with our excellent results for clients.
Here are some of their stories:
- Two brothers were severely injured when a big rig crossed over into their lane and hit their vehicle head-on. The brothers were on their way to their annual fishing trip in Mammoth when the crash occurred. Sadly, the at-fault trucker had a history of prior accidents, including a DUI. The trucking company could have prevented this terrible accident by taking the driver off the road. PARRIS fought fiercely for the brothers in court, where the jury awarded the brothers $56.5 million.
- Another PARRIS client, a CHP officer, was on duty when a distracted driver rear-ended his motorcycle, ejecting him onto the freeway. He suffered major injuries in the accident that altered his life and career with the CHP. After a difficult road to recovery, the PARRIS team secured a $49.6 million verdict on his behalf.
- One man was riding his motorcycle along Highway 138 in Pinon Hills, CA when a car turned left in front of him, causing a collision. The man, a former prosecutor with LA County, suffered a horrific brain injury that rendered him dependent on a ventilator and G-tube. Both the at-fault driver and Caltrans, who designed the unsafe intersection, were found liable for the accident. 10 accidents had occurred at this intersection prior to our client’s accident, yet Caltrans neglected to take any measures to make the intersection safer. In the end, the at-fault driver’s insurance company settled before trial for $15 million, and a jury awarded our client an additional $31.5 million, to be paid by Caltrans.
- Another PARRIS client, a young girl, was crossing the street in the desert when a car struck her. There were no traffic signals, signs, or crosswalks near her location for miles, leaving her to cross six lanes of traffic unprotected as she returned from her friend’s house. Her severe injuries forced her to stay in the hospital for five months. Again, PARRIS attorneys fought relentlessly for her rights, eventually negotiating a $14.8 million settlement on her behalf.
A Firm That Puts Your Needs First
Your team at PARRIS includes a case manager, investigator, multiple legal assistants, client care coordinator, and a top-notch attorney. When you choose us to represent you, we pull out all the stops to make sure you see justice.
Most importantly, however, we don’t leave you in the dark. Our client care team will update you on every new development in your case.
When you choose PARRIS, you join the family—and we fight for our own.
A Fee Model Tailored to Clients
When you are severely injured in a car accident, dealing with legal bills should be the last thing on your mind. That’s why we adopted a contingency fee model.
When you hire PARRIS, you pay no legal fees until we win. The firm fronts all the costs of your case, including filing fees, service fees, expert witnesses, and more. If we secure a successful outcome for you, we retain a percentage of your settlement. If we are unsuccessful, you will owe us nothing.
With this model, getting the legal representation you need is a risk-free choice.
A Fight That’s Personal
PARRIS founding attorney R. Rex Parris was driven to be a lawyer in part by his own experience. When Rex was young, his family felt the effects of a car accident firsthand when his father lost a leg in a motorcycle accident.
This event left such an impact on his life that when he founded PARRIS Law Firm in 1985, Rex dedicated his practice to fighting for victims of accidents.
“From the day we started, we’ve known that injured victims desperately need great lawyers to represent them,” Parris said. “Without that, they can’t restore the balance in their family. That is why I have committed my life to helping people overcome the physical and financial burdens that result from an accident.”
In his 40-year career, Parris has become a standout lawyer in his field, recognized as one of the best trial lawyers in the country by Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and the Litigation Counsel of America.
In addition to leading the firm, Parris often speaks at legal conferences, seminars and guest lectures.