Protecting Your Rights on Carson’s Dangerous Roadways: Expert Legal Services for Car Accidents in Carson, CA
Carson, CA lies in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County, roughly 13 miles south of Downtown LA.
Though the city is known for its factories and oil refineries, Carson also houses more than 92,000 people, who enjoy the area’s proximity to the Pacific Coast.
Unfortunately, however, the busy thoroughfares that traverse the city, such as Interstate 405, make Carson one of the more dangerous cities in LA County to drive in.
In 2018 alone, there were 442 car accidents reported within the city, resulting in four deaths and more than 600 injuries, according to a state database. Though most of the accidents took place on the 405, other dangerous roadways in the city included 220th Street, Avalon Boulevard, Carson Street, Main Street, and Wilmington Avenue. A Carson car accident lawyer from PARRIS Law Firm can help you seek compensation for your losses.
PARRIS Law Firm Fights for Carson Residents
If you live in Carson, you may have heard of the PARRIS Law Firm before. Our firm is currently pursuing litigation for those who suffered injury due to the foul odors from the Dominguez Channel that disrupted the lives of Carson residents in October 2021.
City and county officials did not react quickly enough to determine the cause of the noxious odors, leaving many residents to spend money out of their own pockets in search of relief. It has since come to light that the rotten egg smell came from many gallons of hand sanitizer that spilled into the channel after a warehouse fire, killing all the channel’s vegetation.
PARRIS Law Firm has gained a reputation for fearlessly representing victims of environmental disasters in Southern California. The firm took on SoCal Gas in the wake of the 2015-16 Aliso Canyon gas leak, eventually securing a monumental $1.8 billion settlement for Porter Ranch residents in 2021. We currently represent hundreds of El Segundo residents exposed to hydrogen sulfide in the wake of the 2021 Hyperion sewage spill and those impacted by a methane leak from the Sun Valley Generating Station.
Whether environmental pollutants or a vehicle collision threatens your livelihood, the PARRIS Law Firm will be there for the residents of Carson when you need a legal advocate on your side.
Carson, CA Car Accident Statistics
Though Carson enjoys a relatively low population density of 4,955 people per square mile, it remains an extremely busy driving area. It lies near the busy 110 and 405 freeways, and many commuters pass through the city on their way to downtown Los Angeles, Long Beach, or the Orange County beach cities.
As a result, Carson experiences many car accidents. In 2018 alone, 442 accidents occurred in Carson, causing 606 injuries and four deaths. The types of crashes in Carson can be broken down as follows:
- Rear-end accidents: 36%
- T-bone crashes: 28%
- Sideswipes: 14%
- Head-on collisions: 7%
- Striking an object: 7%
- Striking a pedestrian: 6%
- Rollover accidents: 1%
The high proportion of rear-end accidents in Carson may result from distracted commuters traveling through the city to reach other destinations. Crashes were most likely to occur during the afternoon rush hour on Thursdays or Fridays.
The most significant proportion (34%) of crashes were caused by speeding, followed by right-of-way violations (17%), disobeying traffic signals (10%), and improper turning (10%).
Our teams routinely secure verdicts and settlements worth millions of dollars for victims of accidents. Here are a few of their stories:
- PARRIS obtained a monumental $120 million verdict for a man who suffered major injuries when his truck rolled over following a T-bone collision. The at-fault driver was on her cell phone at the time of the accident, but the defense counsel attempted to avoid handing over her phone records throughout the case. After the judge sanctioned the defense multiple times for their conduct, the jury awarded our client and his family $120 million.
- Another PARRIS client suffered life-changing injuries when a distracted driver T-boned his family’s car while he was a passenger. Our client was rendered a quadriplegic who will need daily medical care for the rest of his life. The fight for his rights ended up in a courtroom, where a jury awarded our client and his family $41.6 million.
- PARRIS secured a $10.6 million verdict for the family of two brothers killed in a tragic wrong-way collision on the 405 freeway. The brothers were on their way home from a music gig in Los Angeles when the defendant, who had been traveling south in the northbound carpool lane for four miles, hit them head-on. PARRIS fought valiantly for the family, who was devastated by the loss of their parents. At trial, a Los Angeles jury awarded the family $10.6 million for their losses.
- Another individual suffered serious injuries when he was rear-ended by a big rig in Chatsworth, CA. After his vehicle rolled over three times, he suffered major neck and back injuries that altered the course of his life. Though the defense tried to settle, we pushed through and fought for our client, eventually securing a $7.4 million verdict on his behalf.
Our dedication to getting the best results for clients has earned the respect of our peers. Every year, the lawyers at PARRIS are recognized as among the top trial attorneys in the country.
Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Litigation Counsel of America, and the American Board of Trial Advocates have recognized PARRIS as one of California’s premier personal injury firms.
Our founder, R. Rex Parris, has made a name for himself in the field of personal injury law. The Daily Journal, Metropolitan News, and National Law Journal called Parris a trailblazer in his field. In addition to leading the firm, he teaches other attorneys in continuing legal education seminars and other speaking events.
No Fees Unless We Win
At PARRIS Law Firm, we handle all of our cases on contingency. That means that we only get paid if we win.
When you choose PARRIS to represent you after your accident, we front all the costs of your case for you—filing fees, expert witnesses, any of the payments necessary to make sure your claim is successful. When we achieve a favorable result for you, our payment is a portion of that result. If we are unsuccessful, you won’t owe us anything.
Everyone should have access to the legal services they need. Our contingency fee model allows our clients to focus on their recovery, not their expenses.